Go down
Dr. Petroski
Admin
Admin
Quality Points : 259
http://com135su18.forumotion.com

Your Online Media Connections to Education

on Thu May 24, 2018 9:04 pm
Think a bit about the ways that media...both online and off...have influenced your education through the years.

What sort of lessons do you remember learning from Sesame Street? Mr. Rogers? Other children’s programs?

Have you ever used a video game for learning?

Do you use Facebook or other social meda for any other classes? Do you find it helpful or does it get in the way?

petroskid1@southernct.edu
Nasya Kampbell
Gold
Gold
Quality Points : 204

Re: Your Online Media Connections to Education

on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:30 pm
Dr. Petroski,

I remember learning hidden lessons about morals and character of a person, aside from the obvious how to count, etc from Sesame Street, Mr Rogers, Winnie the Pooh, etc. However, most social media did not teach me anything in particular educationally based. I know that there are some opportunities now on Facebook where one can access news articles, or social current events. If I have learned anything from Facebook, it had to do with some short history articles, (on the origin of names or a date in history) but these are often rare sights for me. I definitely have not learned anything from any of the other social media websites (unless they are business related, I.e. Linkedin). I have also not used Facebook, etc for any classes. I would feel like it would get in the way anyhow, because people would become sidetracked and want to know what others are doing instead of being on Facebook for the class purposes. On the other hand, video games other than Kahoot, have not taught me anything educationally either.

Nasya Kampbell
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum