Go down
matism1
Gold
Gold
Quality Points : 217

classcraft demo

on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:59 pm
I played around with the teacher demo for a bit experimenting with a demo class. I found the tool really fun and could be great for a teacher who wants to add more fun into what might be the monotonous parts of teaching. It seems like a much more complex version of gradecraft in the way it gets students to get points and bring gaming to education . my biggest concern is a lot of the powers given out. School should be very egalitarian and if individual students can gain access to hints and other perks in class I feel It can upset the egalitarian nature of a classroom. I cycled through a lot of options for the classes and a lot of these powers seem like something a student can use to abuse to harass other students or “break”. I’m worried that like any other game some students would have more success meta gaming while others struggled . I would recommend to middle and high school kids for select classes that maybe require larger course loads so that they students feel encouraged to do all the work. I wouldn’t recommend this for higher education because at that point students should have learned the skills to motivate themselves. I do however contradict myself because I love gradecraft and wish to see it in some of my higher level courses that distribute a lot of different assignments at once. It really help motivate me to organized and do everything I need to do on time and with good quality since I wanted to visibly see my points go up. All in all I think this is fabulous tool that can really help gets kids into education and teach them the organizational skills to be not just reactive students but proactive students.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum