Go down
Brittania Reynolds
Gold
Gold
Quality Points : 229

Are Interactive Games Good?

on Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:58 am
I think tools like interactive games can be good and bad. I think they can be good because nowadays the majority do not watch the news or even read the newspapers, thus video games come into play because some games have history and meaning behind them. Most people who play video games actually learn something from them, however, there is a downfall, not many people like to learn while playing video games. Although I think it is a creative and a tenacious way to inform people about what is going on in the world, some will ignore the fact that the game is trying to inform them about something. People get too caught up in the moment of the game, feeling ecstatic and excited and will block out any valuable lesson or teaching that the game is trying to convey.

I wasn't able to play Darfur is Dying because it said that the server was unavailable, but from the looks of the game, it seems like it wouldn't teach someone anything about the situation of Darfur or see the importance of their situation. However, it could have some people wonder if Darfur's situation is real or not, thus informing them about a country they never knew existed or even about the war and their poverty.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum