Go down
stefanatosn1
Bronze
Bronze
Quality Points : 136

Can Fear be used in a Positive Way? By Nikolas Stefanatos

on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:43 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Fear for me is not the first thing that should be used for persuasion. I just can't wrap my head around the idea of instilling fear into someone to get their attention. But when I really think about how fear can be used to promote something positive .

For example, fear can be used to make sure an idea or whatever you're trying to sell sticks into someones head so they do not forget about it. Also fear can be used to promote positive outcomes; For example, Everyday I see ads about what is going to happen to our planet if we do not take care of it. They use fear by saying how our fish supply will run out and that we will run our of clean air and water. So that is a way fear can be used in a positive way.
Brittania Reynolds
Gold
Gold
Quality Points : 180

Re: Can Fear be used in a Positive Way? By Nikolas Stefanatos

on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:02 am
I agree with you Nik about using fear in a positive way when directed towards our planet and food supply, however, isn't it repetitive? Don't you get tired of seeing/hearing the same ad over and over again? I know some people who just channel surf to another channel instead of listening to the ad's message because they have seen it too many times. I think speaking about the fear is easy for us to ignore it because there is no action happening. How can the announcer intimidate people if there is no action to back up his reasoning?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum