Go down
taylormckay
Honorable Mention
Honorable Mention
Quality Points : 135

Virtual Morality

on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:36 pm
What do you think? Have you ever been bothered by the content of a video game? Have you ever done something in a video game that you would not otherwise do in real life? How might a video game that seems to glorify moral violations change the findings of the preceding study?

I think that this study is true. I've witnessed it while watching my own friends play games. A lot of times in the heat of the moment someone will just do anything not to die or run out of time on a video game. I think especially in a video game where it's all pretend, moral violations really are irrelevant in gamers' minds. I personally do not play video games; I never really had an interest in them even as a child. So personally I am not bothered by the context of games. However, if I did play I don't think it would bother me. This is because I know it's not real. A video game that seems to glorify moral violations may change the findings of the preceding studies because of the ratings. If people really are bothered they will stop playing.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum