Go down
halls19

Its not you, it's me

on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:07 pm
Welp, we asked to get with the times and with almost everyone making use of modern technology, I gather breaking up would be a bit cold and impersonal. If that were ever to happen to me I would have to think hard about the person that is breaking up with me. The least a person can do is have a face to face conversation via video messaging at the very least. I understand and recognize that breaking up with someone is a difficult task to do and it may be a bit easier over text message because once you hit the send button, you can not retrieve that message. Unlike breaking up in person “loose lips, sinks ships” why make a bad situation worse than what it already is. In my opinion. Breaking up via text is the easy way out but a good way to avoid further conflict. Not my style at all. This way of breaking up is very selfish, not normal. It leaves the person on the other end wondering what went wrong with very little or no details.
lopeza19
Platinum
Platinum
Quality Points : 219

Its not you, it's me

on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:32 am
Completely agree with you on the comment you made about how even a breakup via video message would be better, because it just seems more appropriate. Rather than a very abrupt text , Its not the best way either, but it seems like the person cared just abit more. Also the dumpee will not be left wondering what wetnt wrong or what they did wrong, instead they will have a clearer message on why the person left them and could read between the lines by seeing the persons reactions.

Last edited by lopeza19 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Brittania Reynolds
Gold
Gold
Quality Points : 229

Re: Its not you, it's me

on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:49 am
I agree with you Halls, that breaking up with someone through text is very selfish and obscene. It only shows that the person never cared about his/her relationship or even about the other person. Breaking up through text does leave a lot of unanswered questions for the other person who might ask themselves "What happened?," "What did I do?," and "Can't we work this out?." It could even lead to emotional turmoil if these questions are left unanswered. I understand that break-ups are difficult to do in person and can be very emotional but if one does it face-to-face it shows the other person that you do/did care about him/her and their relationship. It shows respect and humbleness and I personally would like to be told the bad news in person rather than online or through a text or even a video message.
taylormckay
Honorable Mention
Honorable Mention
Quality Points : 184

on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:36 pm
My opinions are the same and I agree with you Halls! I think that when you break up with a partner or anyone in your life for that matter whether it was an intimate and romantic relationship or friendship relations ship, removing yourself from someones life via text is very selfish and wrong. It proves a sense of emptiness and worthlessness on the recieving end. It's basically like saying they weren't even worth a face to face conversation and explanation. I think it also shows weakness because not being able to see someones facial expressions and hear the tone of their voice is taking the easy way out. It's sad that something like this could destroy someone. A lot of society now faces anxiety and depression and I think social media and the way society is so obsessed with our phones is some of the reason. If we could go back to actually hanging out and not just faceiming or actually talking and not just texting it could potentially solve a lot of problems and help put some at ease. We are humans and need human contact to feel better sometimes. Back to your point, I think it's incredibly wrong to breakup with someone over text message.

stefanatosn1
Bronze
Bronze
Quality Points : 185

Breaking up through text

on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:01 pm
I agree with you Halls. Breaking up with someone through text is definitely the easy way out and is definitely better for avoiding conflict. I would just feel so bad breaking up with someone though text. I feel like it is not fair to do so because it does not give the other person to express what they feel to you and you are also blocking your own feelings. By this, I mean you are not able to see what you actually feel about your significant other, because if you break up with someone in person and they start crying and you start feeling bad. You know that you had real feelings for that person.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum