Go down
halls19

The Internet Bah!

on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:55 am
In this article Clifford Stoll was dead on point. I too believe that we are all prisoners of this thing called technology. Anyone can post or record anything and make it believable, that is one of the reason one must verify their sources before making an informed decision whether it is real or fake news. Over the past decade or so, the internet has taken over education, government, the way we sell and buy things as well as the way we interact and communicate with one another. I must agree that I do not believe the upcoming technology will boot human beings out of the picture because everything that is manmade needs to have a human to fix. For example, I recently had a debate on social media with a friend about using the self-checkout at Walmart. It never really dawn to me that by using the self-checkout, it would potentially cause someone to lose their job. After knowing better and opting to do better, I vow not to use another self-checkout but wait patiently in line for a human to assist me with my purchase.
It is very shameful that many schools have drifted away from old text books and replaced them with modern technology. I don’t have an issue with this because I do believe in keeping up with the times however, every school is not privy to this upgrade, and the only people who suffers is the children. There should be a way that if the times call for an upgrade of modern technology, then it should be that way across the board. Many schools in the urban area can not afford smart boards, iPad or kindle fires but lack funding and resources to keep up.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum