Go down
halls19

Resolving to close the digital divide

on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:53 pm
The digital divide refers to people who have access to the internet and those who do not. If we want to bridge the gap between the two, we must ensure that everyone has equal access. In this article the elements that I see covered is to have a free and low cost to distributing and accessing information as well as to ensure the connection speed keeps up with the information age. I would have liked to have read more about content and how to filter what is acceptable and of interest to the community especially in higher education. In order to successfully combat these issues there needs to be a continuation of research along with pertinent date collection and evaluation.
Nasya Kampbell
Gold
Gold
Quality Points : 204

Re: Resolving to close the digital divide

on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:01 pm
I agree with this concept of closing the digital divide. Those who are trying to do this must reach out to everyone so that the information gets out and the divide can actually be closed. There are so many outside the loop of modern technology that I feel this could be quite difficult. Especially for those that live in more poverty like places, this could be difficult. I would like to also know how the filters for this would work and how this would be monitored. Furthermore, how would the gap be bridged between multiple countries? That is a major question.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum