Go down
Brittania Reynolds
Gold
Gold
Quality Points : 180

Don't Believe Everything you Read on the Internet. IT'S A TRAP!

on Fri May 25, 2018 2:50 pm
I haven't necessarily been duped before, but I almost was. I don't exactly remember all the details, but it was in high school and one of my former friends came up to me to tell me some shocking news. She told me that Jim Carey died, whom I admire him because he is one my favorite actors, and I was in disbelief, although I believed her for a few seconds until she showed me the news on her phone. I became skeptical because the source did not seem reliable as the website looked like a scam site. Normally if a celebrity dies, the news crew are all over that, however, when I googled Jim Carey there were no reports of his death.

To avoid falling into a gullible trap, my advice is to do your RESEARCH before deciding whether to believe it or not. There are reliable and resourceful websites such as CNN, Channel 8, Yahoo, Daily Post and even some channels on your television. Every website has an author, the date it was created, a domain (i.e. .com, .org, etc), and most of the time sources. If it doesn’t have any of these then that website is not reliable.
connollya3
Gold
Gold
Quality Points : 162

Re: Don't Believe Everything you Read on the Internet. IT'S A TRAP!

on Thu May 31, 2018 12:24 pm
You are definitely not alone when it comes to almost being tricked by what you believe is real news. The amount of times a celebrity is falsely proclaimed dead is astounding. There are numerous instances when I have read a tweet about a supposed celebrity death and almost believed it, but as you stated you have to go check the facts on a more reputable source. Normally in those cases I just google the celebrities name, and see what sources come up first. If there really was a celebrity death, then the major news stations would be reporting it and it would be all over the internet. I try to follow only reputable sources on twitter. I mainly follow news stations like NBC Connecticut or News, so that I am proactive and avoid falling for an internet falsehood.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum